Snack & Lunch Programs
In Early Childhood classrooms, snacks are provided (covered by a one-time snack fee of $45). A parent-volunteer for each class coordinates snacks, providing an assortment of healthy foods such as fruit, veggies, pretzels, and crackers. To promote independence, children are free to help themselves to snacks and water, serving themselves, pouring water, clearing the table, washing their dish, and at times cleaning up their own spills. When there is a birthday celebration in the classroom, children enjoy a treat of fruit salad (provided by the child's family) and popcorn. If you'd like to help coordinate snack for your child's class, click on and fill out this sign-up form below.
In Elementary classrooms, snacks are also provided, but instead of charging a snack fee, students take turns bringing a snack for their class about once per month. Not a big meal, just enough for everyone to enjoy a small snack. Along with the snack, students prepare a "Snack Report" on an assigned topic, which they present orally to their class. Snack time is also an opportunity to promote health and wellness, and students are encouraged to prepare a healthy snack of fruits and veggies and less of the processed, sugary variety.
Snack report assignments will be scheduled and posted for the upcoming month starting the first day of school.
Students staying for lunch (Kindergarten, Elementary, and Pre-Schoolers staying for extended care) need to pack their own lunch or have a lunch ticket to purchase hot lunch (when available).
School Lunch & Hot Lunch is offered on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. All lunches are served with fresh fruit and veggies. Gluten free and vegetarian options offered regularly.
- "School Lunch" refers to meals prepared by students for students. The elementary classes take turns about once per month to prepare a simple meal. They take ownership of the whole process from meal planning to food preparation and cooking, even serving.
- "Hot Lunch" refers to meals prepared by LOL families. This is a favorite parent-volunteer activity and spots to serve lunch tend fill up quickly. Click here learn more about the Hot Lunch program. Click on and fill out the sign-up form below.
Generally, the lunch schedule is as follows:
- Wednesdays: Pizza (from locally-owned Timothy's Pizzeria, served by office staff)
- Thursdays: Hot Lunch (prepared and served by LOL families - sign up below!)
- Fridays: School Lunch (prepared and served by office staff or elementary classes)
Note for Top of the Hill classes: The elementary class (Ms. Giordano's class) has lunch at Harborside campus Tuesday-Friday. The early childhood class (Ms. Cassalini's class) remains at Top of the Hill, and hot lunch is only offered when there are parent volunteers.
Lunch tickets are required to purchase a lunch. There are two types of lunch tickets:
- Regular lunch tickets (blue) are $2.50 each and come in sheets of 12 for $30. Each regular lunch ticket is good for school lunch, hot lunch, or one slice of pizza.
- Premium pizza lunch tickets (pink) are $4.00 each and come in sheets of 12 for $48. Each premium lunch ticket is good for two slices of pizza or one gluten free slice.
To purchase lunch tickets, send in funds and your child will be sent home with their tickets. Send funds at least a week before you run out of tickets.
When buying lunch, send your child to school with one lunch ticket inscribed with their name and the date in order to redeem. We suggest placing the ticket in a reusable Ziplock baggie or envelope to help your child keep track of it in their backpack.
If your child stays at school for lunch and does not have a ticket or the ticket is lost, they will receive lunch and the family will be billed for the cost. We will never let your child go hungry.
Policies: Students are not permitted to share food or bring candy to school.
Meal times offer the opportunity to work on manners and decorum. Each student has their own placemat to mark their space at the table. Please pack a cloth napkin with their lunch.
Questions? Contact the office at email@example.com