Elementary School Supplies (Grades 4 - 6)
July 1, 2017
Printed on the back is a list of supplies your child will need from the first day of school.
We are enclosing a list of supplies your child will need in the classroom. We’ve also included a supply charge on your school fees invoice (the one that has your tuition.) If you would like to purchase supplies yourself, please let us know before the end of August when the bulk supply order is placed, and we’ll remove the charge.
For those who view this task as, “not one of my favorite things to do in the summer,” write a check now and scratch it off your list!
Sheldon Thompson, Director
P.S. If you are purchasing a new backpack for your child please be reminded that storage space is at a premium. A SMALL backpack is definitely better! Backpacks with wheels may look cool, but they definitely take up more space and they don’t work particularly well going over the wood chips at Harborside – please, no backpacks with wheels!
Elementary School Supplies List, Grades 4 – 6
2017-2018 list of required school supplies for children in LOL Montessori Elementary program (needed from the first day):
- 1 package of 3-hole loose leaf paper *
- 8 composition books - black and white marble cover *
- Pair of scissors – Fiskars (metal) *
- 2 Rolls of scotch tape 1/2 x 1296" *
- 5 Boxes of #2 pencils with erasers (1 doz. ea) Ticonderoga brand please. *
- Good mechanical pencil with child's name written on it
- 3 Boxes of Crayola colored pencils (24 colors) *
- 9 pink pencil erasers *
- 2 reams of copy paper *
- 1 box of erasable pens *
- 1 ruler – 12" & metric *
- 5 glue sticks *
- Simple pocket calculator *
- Protractor - clear, not colored *
- Metal compass *
*Starred items will be shared in common. Keeping track of who owns which roll of scotch tape, etc. is not worth the effort.