The annual Art Auction & Gala is a beloved tradition at Love of Learning since 2005! A celebration of local artists and a chance to come together as one community to support our school. The 2018 Gala is scheduled for Saturday May 12, 2018, so mark your calendars!
SET-UP AND EVENT DAY VOLUNTEERING
This year's Gala is entitled Labor of Love. It couldn't be more true with all the time, talent and love our volunteers give to this event. Planning and preparation is well underway for Gala but we certainly could use some more helping hands. We need volunteers the day before and day-of the event to:
Decor Set-Up - Saturday, 9:00am - 1:00pm
Registration Check-Out - one hour shift from 9:00pm - 10:00pm during the event
Kid's Art Work Check-Out - 45-minute shift 9:15pm - 10:00pm during the event
Raffle Basket Check-Out - during the Live auction
Decor Breakdown / Load-Out - immediately following the event
If you can lend a hand for any of the above volunteer positions, please fill out the form below. If you have any questions please reach out to Melissa Lapp (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Norell Liddell (email@example.com)
- The Gala event website is now accepting ticket, sponsorship and journal ad sales!
- It's March, the time to ramp-up solicitation for donations is NOW!
- All members of the community can ask their favorite establishments for donations (sponsorships, Journal Ads, a gift card, items that we can package into a raffle basket or offer for silent auction)
- If you feel comfortable, make a few extra calls or inquire at several local businesses!
Doucments Available to Print at Home:
2018 Gala Sponsorship Overview- Friends and Family (Sponsorships include tickets and raffles)
2018 Gala Sponsorship Overview- Corporate (Sponsorships include journal ads & other promotion)
Blank Procurement Form (to capture donation details if NOT submitted directly by donor online)
Steps to Solicit Donations:
The Google Sheet below lists all of the businesses we have previously or want to solicit. Some are local and others can be contacted via their website, email or phone.
- Check this sheet before you solicit and add your name to the Solicitor column. This way, we will not double-up our efforts.
- Assist or direct those interested in purchasing a Sponsorship or Journal Ad to complete the transaction on our event website: LOLmontessori.org/gala
- Any donor giving goods or services should complete the Donation Form online to provide us with their contact information for tax receipts and proper acknowledgement and the correct description for their donation.
- If you are given a physical item or gift certificate, please deliver it to Rhoumela Freedman, Norell Liddell or the school office.
- Communicate with our Solicitation Leader, Rhoumela Freedman (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions, new ideas, or updates on your leads that have not been submitted through the event website
Submit Gala Expenses for Reimbursement or Donation Receipt
Use this form to submit any event expenses so they can be reimbursed, paid directly, or to receive a letter acknowledging it as a donation to Love of Learning Montessori.
Specific Volunteer Roles We Need to Fill:
Many of our enthusiastic and talented volunteers are returning once again to help us pull this event together! But we do have a few key leadership positions/special skills needed to help make our event a success. Any questions about these roles or how your own skills/interests might best used, please contact Gala Chair, Norell Liddell (email@example.com)
Registration Assistants: 1-2 tech competent volunteers willing to learn and work in our event software, Greater Giving, prior to the event to become comfortable and serve as a leader for 1 shift at registration desk during the event. Time commitment prior to event is remote and on your own. 1-1.5 hours during the event. Online training tutorials available.
How Does the Gala Planning Work?
Following a kick-off planning session on Jan 8, our Gala Committee Leaders will meet bi-monthly then weekly through-out the winter/spring as we near the event. Meetings are on Mondays from 9:30-11:30 and we hope that our committee leaders or a representative can attend most or send a report if absent.
Each of these Committee Leaders will manage one aspect of the event (Decorations, Food/Beverage, Art Auction, Registration, Communications, Volunteer Coordinating etc.) and every sub-committee requires the help of additional volunteers from the community either through-out the planning process or just during the days prior to or day-of the event. Following the January 8th meeting, these subcommittees will be assigned and meet or communicate as needed.
Contact Gala Chair with ideas or to step-up! Norell Liddell: firstname.lastname@example.org